<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, February 07, 2004

Oh, new books I'm reading. I have to read the Poisonwood Bible in class. I have the attention span of a gnat, so the book's convoluted writing style (and metaphors; DEAR GOD THE METAPHORS) are a little much for me; but it's a solid story with solid characterization. I'm just not sure I have the time for all the semantic hoop-jumping.

I've also been reading Jennifer Government: FANTASTIC. Imagine 1984, about the Right instead of the Left, ramped up a couple notches and reworked as the sickest Saturday morning cartoon you ever saw. Great fun, and has helped plentifully my appetite for dark humor and fast action (with plenty of swell philosophical gobbledygook). I've never gotten lost in a book quite the way I have with Jennifer Government.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?