<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, February 08, 2004

Yello. I finally finished Promiscuities. It was such an emotional experience for me, I spaced out and changed sittings literally hundreds of times. If I put all my sittings end-to-end, they would stretch out to the Moon. But anyway...

The book speaks of sexual coming-of-age rituals, and how we need them. I realized how not-strange I am for wanting to be a stripper all those years, that me throwing away any possibility of normality at age fourteen was for naught, because every girl goes through wanting to be watched.

So, now that I can finally touch back down on terra firma and confirm that I, indeed, am a Normal Girl, I can look back on my past and finally not feel contempt for my younger self. I can move on. That means a lot.

I'm'a go watch Astro Boy.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?