<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, May 27, 2004

I have sensitive skin, so lately there’s been a rash on each of my feet around where my toes are, simply from wearing my socks and shoes too much. (This may come as something of a shock, but I’m very self-conscious at home, compared to my immodesty and self-ignorance when I’m anywhere else.) So, after I’ve taken them off, it’s very, very difficult to resist the urge to scratch between my toes with my fingernails. This is the most beauitful feeling in the world for about five seconds, at which point the scorching pain sets in for another twelve hours. Oh well, it was worth it.

Actually, it rarely is, so the other day, on a whim, I put my foot under steaming hot water and it... was... gorgeous. Beautiful. The end of the world was at hand. I felt like I was going to evaporate. Poof! I could not see, I could not think, I was just immersed in this world of my foot and hot water. I felt like I would cry.

Actually, I almost did, because it hurt so bad I turned it off after about three seconds. And then... the itching went away.

Excellent. I might just try boiling my whole body in a giant pot of water, with carrots and spices and a burly cook with a shaved head to keep me company. Trust me. It’ll work.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?