<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, October 13, 2004

I've been thinking...

I kind of talk about religion a lot like it's really pretty silly (and it is, but that doesn't mean it isn't worth it) but...

You see, I was talking to this woman who told me about a children's book about a boy from outer space who, for his whole life, took care of one flower on one distant moon, and when he eventually left that moon he absolutely had to go back because no flower in the universe meant as much to him as this one flower.

And I remarked that... people so often become better people just for having one thing to care about beyon themselves. It's like they give up a piece of them just to be a part of the universe. And I guess that's what religion is; having the courage to care about something that it not you.

Today I thought about going to see the HIV Testing Man, but I decided against it, becuase, well, I should dress up in something really nice and make myself look pretty and then walk into his office in HIV Testing Land and convince him, unequivocally, that he should go on a date with me. It will absolutely work. I promise.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?